Data centre virtualisation company, Future Facilities, has launched the 16th Release of its Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software and digital twin technology, 6SigmaDCX. The software update promises to deliver improved performance, accuracy, and speed to support a broad range of data centre teams in decision making and achieving sustainable success.
The new 6SigmaDCX offers a range of features to enhance data centre design and operations as highly requested by customers.
Commenting on the new release, Mark Fenton, product manager at Future Facilities, said: “The aspirational goal for Release 16 was to deliver software that satisfied the want of our customers. We collaborated with users across all sectors to dig into the features that would make a difference in their day-to-day lives, whether that meant easier model builds, quicker solution times, automated and customisable reporting, or just the good feeling you get from using great software.
“Thanks to the dedicated input from our customers and partners around the globe, Release 16 delivers on this promise.”
The key design highlights include:
- Enhanced View developments, which enable users to showcase photorealistic results in reports and facilitate animation creation;
- Improvements to the 1D Flow Network to ensure fast, detailed thermal flow analysis of the liquid and airflow routes;
- New result views and object configurations, such as Isosurfaces, which deliver innovative ways to visualise external models and empower risk analysis at any stage of design;
- The ability to import BIM models directly into 6SigmaDCX for faster model creation;
- Performance improvements, namely Future Facilities’ new back tracing method, ensuring solar radiation calculations solve up to 30 times faster.
While operations improvements include:
- Improved, customisable dashboards and charts offering new insights and opportunities for team communication and collaboration;
- Possibility of viewing 6SigmaRoom simulation reports within 6SigmaAccess, so less time is spent moving between toolsets;
- New views, editable objects, and automation to enhance power analysis and configuration decisions;
- Simplified model upkeep with new CAD import and exports, as well as user interface improvements;
- New automation, including creating, uploading, and solving a model and querying results, through the command line using 6SigmaCommander.
The new features in this software update will allow 6SigmaDCX to better support a wide range of industry sectors. For example, colocation data centres will be empowered to operate confidently, optimise capacity utilisation, and mitigate risk.
Meanwhile, enterprise data centres will get a consolidated view of the information they care most about to enable decision-making, data centre consultants can meet project timelines with ease thanks to the accelerated model build and design process, and vendors can focus on perfecting thermal design with equipment analysis simplified through integrations and intelligent objects.